Pilot Theatre are seeking to cast a group of performers to play the teenagers in our co-production of Crongton Knights.
Are you skilled in…
– physical theatre
Performers do not need to have experience in ALL of these areas but they should have strength in AT LEAST one area (in addition to demonstrating acting skill).
Firstly you must be 18 or over by January 2020 to apply for these roles.
1) Choose a character from the character breakdown.
2) Find their text on the script sheet
3) Create a short video – the whole video must be no more than 2 minutes 30 seconds total.
– Introduce yourself with two short sentences
– Perform your chosen character’s speech
– A short piece of either singing or beatboxing (this is not necessary if your key skill is physical theatre).
– Save the video file and name it with YOUR NAME.
4) Submit your video here: https://forms.gle/NEGBuN474mUBwwJZ7
Please note that you do not need a high quality camera to apply for this opportunity, a video filmed on a smartphone or webcam is fine. We want to see you perform!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 5:00pm WEDNESDAY 31 JULY
Find out more about this opportunity here.
Following the acclaimed tour of Noughts & Crosses, York Theatre Royal and Pilot Theatre present the world première adaptation of Crongton Knights, Alex Wheatle’s Guardian Children’s Fiction Prize Winner.
Life isn’t easy on the Crongton Estate but when the magnificent six set out to help a friend in trouble, much larger problems come their way.
Although, with the help of a few good friends nothing is impossible and lessons learned the hard way are ones you’ll never forget. That’s when a crew becomes a family.
Crongton Knights will open at Belgrade Theatre Coventry from 8-22 February 2020 and will then tour to York Theatre Royal from 25-29 February. Tickets on sale now.
Tue 25 Feb 2020 - Sat 29 Feb 2020